Searching Records in Zoho Desk
There are several ways in which we can use the Search options to find records like Tickets, Customers, Articles, Tasks, and Products easily and quickly. There are three (or four, depending on module) kinds of search options available in all parts of Zoho Desk.
- Quick Search
- Faceted Search
- Advanced Search
- Search Records by Alphabet (this is only available in the Customer module)
This allows us to to search for specific records from all our modules or from a particular module by entering the search keyword. We can specify in which module the search should be carried out.
- Click the Search icon on the top pane.
- Enter the Search keyword in the search box.
- Zoho Desk predicts what you’re looking for and starts to show the results of your search from the current module.
- If we want, we can select All or we could keep Tickets selected as below or select KB etc.
If we can’t find the records in the search results list then we can go onto the next search type called the Faceted Search.
Faceted search allows us to categorise the search results based on common elements like status, channel, priority, and so forth. This enables us to quickly navigate to the exact record we are looking for. Each time we select a facet value, the set of search results is reduced to only have the items matching that value. We can narrow our search by clicking on other facets.
- To follow some of the similar steps as above, we again click on the Search icon on the top pane.
- Enter the Search keyword in the Search box.
- This time we hit Enter and ignore the predictions box. The records matching the key words will be listed.
- Click the facet value on the left panel to only show results within the selection. At the top of the page we can see the choices we have made.
We can perform this search on all departments or from within a department.
The advanced search allows us to search records by specifying custom search criteria.
To search records using criteria:
- On the Module home page, click the Search icon on the top pane.
- When the icon is clicked the search area will transition into a bar.
- Click the search icon on the search bar and click on the Advanced Search on the left-hand side toolbar.
- We can use And/Or combinations between the filter properties.
We can also create custom views out of the search criteria to access them in the future.
To create a custom view on the advanced search parameters, click on Save as Custom View on the search results page.
Search by Alphabet
We can search for contacts and accounts within the Customer modules by clicking the alphabet links displayed on the right. Zoho will take us straight to the records that start with the selected letter.
To search by alphabet
- Click on the Customer module.
- On the Contact Home page, click a letter from the Alphabet list.
The page displays the list of contacts that start with the selected alphabet. You can switch to the Accounts module and follow the steps above for accounts. The alphabet search will search records by their First Name. To search using the last name we need to change the Name Format under Setup.
Sort and View Search Results (not available in Advanced Search)
When we perform a quick search, we can sort the results according to our preference such as:
- Modified Time
The Modified Time function will list the recently modified records at the top. Whilst sorting by Relevance we can get the records based on the number of times our keywords appear in a record.
By default Zoho Desk displays 10 records per search result page. It is simple to increase this by clicking on the More Action icon (…). The maximum is 50 records per page.