What’s That in IT Years?
It’s hard to believe that Microsoft Power BI has been around for just two years. They’ve been two years of constantly upgraded functionality and incredible innovation. Every month, Microsoft have announced more amazing things we can do to make Power BI work with and for us.
Why Should My Business Care About Power BI?
IT moves fast; faster every day. Many people in the industry haven’t even heard of business intelligence, much less follow current data trends and understand how to work with it. If you aren’t sure what business intelligence is, or if you don’t know why every business needs it to get full value from and properly understand their customer and financial data, we’ve written a quick guide to get you up to speed. Click here to learn more.
What Has Power BI Done Lately?
Microsoft love to give Power BI more and more improvements and additional functionality. Here’s a selection of some of the most useful updates in just the most recent month:
Visuals and reporting
- New table and matrix visuals, with new formatting options and improved drill-down.
- Renaming fields using aliases for specific visuals.
- Increased responsivity to different screen sizes.
- Breakdown for waterfall charts.
Analytics and modelling
- Two new measures: star rating and concatenated list of values.
- Bidirectional cross filtering for DirectQuery models.
- In addition to the wide range of connectivity options already present, a Snowflake connector has been added.
- The new Performance Inspector helps you if your loading or processing time is slower than it should be.
- There is a new e-mail subscription button that allows you to choose to be notified when the underlying data changes.
Take a Quick Look For Yourself
We invite you to take two minutes to watch this fun video and get a taste of what Power BI does now and where it’s heading in the future. Then give us a ring or contact us right here to talk about getting this power for you and your business!