GDPR Readiness and Zoho
We at Caldere have issued our own statement on GDPR readiness, but we also wanted to call attention to excellent material produced by our main software partners.
Global business software powerhouse Zoho are fully aware of GDPR compliance because it applies not only to EU companies, but to anyone who collects information belonging to EU residents. Worldwide businesses who use Zoho need to know about their legal obligations and how to meet them. Fortunately, GDPR-ready Zoho software makes this business administration task easier.
It’s important to note GDPR protection applies to residents, not just citizens… this blog poster happens to be an American citizen living and working in the EU, so it’s good to know my data is also protected. Zoho make a special note of this distinction in the Introduction to their extraordinarily well-written and approachable writeup.
- Zoho explain their past, present, and future commitment to data privacy and security. Interestingly, they mention that they are as serious about this with regard to their full-featured free versions as they are with regard to their fully-paid enterprise versions.
- They’ve put in place a dedicated GDPR team and several initiatives to serve their 30+ million users now and to make sure they are ready to support their users’ GDPR compliance goals.
- In the article, Zoho have provided a quick but comprehensive checklist of readiness goals for organisations to discuss implementing.
- For organisations still grappling with what GDPR is and how they should approach it, Zoho have provided a clear and comprehensive FAQ that doesn’t assume you are a legal or even an IT expert. (I personally found it useful even though I’ve been reading about GDPR in much more technical contexts for months.)
- Finally, Zoho offer some resources that will be especially useful to the members of your organisation tasked with implementing and maintaining GDPR compliance.
Partner with Caldere
As a Zoho Partner organisation, Caldere are every bit as committed to GDPR compliance for ourselves and our clients. Contact us without delay to find out how we and you can use the latest functionality to make sure you’re ready by the May deadline.