By now you’ve heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on May 25. You’ve either been prepared for a long time or you… haven’t.
We understand. We know you’re in business to do business, not to focus on regulatory compliance. But it’s not too late for you to show that you’re taking steps to do the right thing with your data.
First, let’s quickly get you up to speed.
Basic Facts about GDPR
- The GDPR is designed to protect the rights of European residents to their property (their data) that you might hold.
- GDPR defines personal data as “any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier”. Another way to say this is that if you have a record that can be tied to an individual, the data in and linked to that record is personal data.
- GDPR is good for business. Your compliance demonstrates that you are up-to-date with technology, trustworthy with data, and respectful of the law and your clients’ privacy.
- The best way to maintain and prove your compliance is with a professional-quality CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution.
Broad Requirements of GDPR
- Understand where you get your data and what you do with it (accountability)
- Know what your customer data actually contains (data usage)
- Properly gain customer authorisation to hold, use, and/or share their data (consent)
- Allow customers the right to know what data you hold about them, and generally to say what can and cannot be done with it (right of access)
- Protect your customer’s data from unauthorised access and use (data security)
Get Peace of Mind
Caldere Associates are experienced data scientists who use CRM and data analytics to help businesses understand and process their customer data sensibly and efficiently. We can take stock of your existing data and help you rapidly achieve your compliance goals. Contact us as soon as you can so we can do our best work for you.