Build Your Best Business Website
Zoho have always said that, along with offering the technology to solve virtually any business problem, they want to provide help for businesses to succeed. They accomplish this by providing well-researched and comprehensive information about how to run a business with their software tools. The first goal for any business is to build and maintain a highly effective website.
Zoho Academy have created some easy-to-digest ebooks which bring together basic principles, best practices, and checklists to help you create a great looking, effective website. Below is the breakdown of each ebook. Read each volume from the start by clicking its title, or dip into the most interesting and relevant chapters.
Best Practices Volume 1: Homepages
Your homepage may very well be your site visitors’ first impression of your business. It has to walk a fine line between drawing visitors in with compelling content and pushing them on to the next page of their customer journey.
- Introducing the Business Website Homepage
- Identifying the Customer Personas and Keywords for Your Homepage
- Cultivating a Diverse Set of Visitor Journeys
- Optimising Your Homepage for Mobile Users
- Using Images and Videos on Your Company Homepage
Best Practices Volume 2: About Us Pages
The About Us page is one of the most underutilised marketing tools on business websites, but it doesn’t have to be. Learn how to position your About page, what language and tone to employ, how to use your About page to communicate your company values, and how to make your About page a true conversion hub.
- Introducing the About Us Page
- Positioning Your About Page
- Choosing the Right Language and Tone for Your About Page
- Telling Your Business Story through the About Page
- Improving Engagement and Conversions on Your About Us Page
- About Us Page Checklist
Best Practices Volume 3: Testimonials
When done well, testimonials are a powerful element of any website. But while their ROI can be very significant, good testimonials require smart strategising. Knowing where to find them, what they should include, and where to place them on your website will help you use your testimonials most effectively.
- Introducing Customer Testimonials
- Finding Reviews: Mastering the “Found” Testimonial
- 5 Strategies for Soliciting New Testimonials
- Best Questions to Ask for Better Testimonials
- Examples of Great Testimonials
- Using testimonials to increase conversions
- Testimonials Checklist
Best Practices Volume 4: FAQ Pages
Your website’s FAQ page is your opportunity to address concerns of, clarify concepts for, and remove doubts that arise from prospects on their path to purchase. After all, when a prospect lands on your site, there is often no human available they can turn to for answers or help. Learn how the FAQ can best compensate for that absent interaction.
- Introducing the FAQ Page
- Creating Compelling FAQ Content
- Prioritising User Experience (UX) on Your FAQ Page
- Increasing Conversions and Engagement on FAQ Pages
- FAQ Page Checklist
Best Practices Volume 5: Online Shops
If you run a retail business, the benefits of offering an online shop are indisputable. Your website will speak for both your salespeople and for the products themselves. Learn how to design your online shop pages, write excellent copy, and leverage psychology to serve your business’s best interests.
- Introducing Online Shop Pages
- Best Practices for a Great Online Shop Homepage
- Best Design Practices for Your Individual Product Pages
- Writing Your Best Product Descriptions
- Using Psychology on Your Product Pages to Increase Sales
- Best Practices for Your Shopping Cart
- Improving Conversions on Your Checkout Pages
- Online Shops Checklist
Best Practices Volume 6: Business Blogs
A business blog will establish you as an authority in your field, drive visitors to your website, grow prospect trust and engagement, and generate leads and sales. It’s one of the best content marketing tools your business has. So how do you ensure it creates as much value as possible for your business?
- Introducing the Company Blog: Your Content Marketing Machine
- Determining Your Blog’s Ideal Reader
- Optimising Your Blog for SEO
- Writing Killer Blog Posts
- Coming Up with Good Ideas for Your Blog Posts
- Types of Business Blog Posts
- Using Compelling Featured Images on Your Blog Posts
- Choosing the Right Design and Functionality for Your Blog
- Building Your Blog’s Audience
- How to Hire a Freelance Blogger
- Business Blog Checklist
Best Practices Volume 7: Web Forms
Web forms are imperative for your business website because they allow visitors to interact with your company. If they’re making a purchase, subscribing to a newsletter, scheduling an appointment, or creating an account, visitors are using your forms. Learn best practices for the most common form types.
- Introducing Web Forms
- Email Signup Forms
- Account Creation Forms
- Contact Us Forms and Pages
- Online Scheduling Forms and Pages
- Web Form Checklist
Best Practices Volume 8: CTA (Call-to-Action) Buttons
Whether it’s signing up for a free trial, setting up an account, or adding a product to a shopping cart, your prospect is always on the threshold of taking an action. That action requires a CTA button. Here, we offer best practices for button design, copy, and placement.
- Introducing the CTA Button
- Button Design: Making Your CTA Pop
- Button Copy: Making Your CTA Persuade
- Best Practices for CTA Placement
- CTA Button Checklist
Best Practices Volume 9: Examples of Great Websites
While tips, tricks, and best practices for your company website are invaluable, seeing these elements in action is often the best way to understand how they work and how to employ them. Here are Zoho’s favourite business websites by genre. We and they hope you find them inspiring and motivating!
- Best Homepage of 2018
- Best About Us Pages of 2018
- Best Testimonials Page of 2018
- Best FAQ Pages of 2018
- Best Online Shops of 2018
- Best Business Blogs of 2018
- Best Web Forms of 2018
Visit Zoho Academy to access an online, self service archive of educational content designed to help people do business better.