When it comes to considering the best CRM for your business, there are a lot of factors to contemplate. Just like when we have our discovery meeting with clients, here we’ll be breaking down the basics of what you should look for in a CRM and why it’s essential that you have one in the first place. We’ll also consider some specific examples of what our clients use as their go-to platforms for running their businesses. Here are some tips & tricks for choosing the right CRM software.
Overview of a CRM
CRM stands for customer relationship management. A CRM software application helps you manage your company’s customer interactions, such as tracking email communications, phone conversations, and social media messages.
The benefits of using a CRM are numerous, but adding value to your business with the right CRM functions will depend on your demands and objectives. Some of the main benefits of using a CRM are:
- A tailored CRM can automate time-consuming tasks such as sales, marketing, and business support activities, giving you more time to concentrate on your current and prospective customers.
- Personalised workflows and automation can assist you in reducing data entry and accelerating your overall sales process.
- Capturing and maximising every lead through your CRM, automating how they are scored and following up with detailed intelligence allows for maximum conversions.
- Your CRM can monitor every stage of your deals so that you can optimise every opportunity. Obtaining critical customer information and communicating with leads across multiple channels assists you in building and retaining strong relationships for outstanding efficiency. Workflow mapping transforms manual processes into automated efficiencies.
4 Things to Consider Before Purchasing a CRM
There are many things to consider before you choose a CRM. Our initial conversations are where we start finding out about you and your organisation This initial meeting will enable us to tailor a CRM to your business requirements, ensuring you have everything you need in an effective CRM.
Purchasing a CRM can be daunting, but our collaborative conversations allow us to ask the right questions and give direction and clarity during the decision-making process. Some of the key things we need to consider when we have our first discovery meeting:
- How do you currently manage automation, customers and leads?
- Are you using an Excel document, or do you use a centralised CRM system?
- If you currently use a CRM system, does it support all your business processes?
- Is your marketing integrated, and does your CRM allow you to automate some of your processes?
Once we have ascertained all the answers to these questions, we can tailor the CRM platform to your business’s needs.
No article about tips & tricks for choosing the right CRM software would be complete without considering the solution features! The world of CRMs is constantly evolving, and we’re here to ensure you make the most of any new features and functionality. With so many features out there, we’ve chosen some of the most important things to look out for:
- Integration with other software. The most effective CRMs are integrated with your business software, including accounting applications and email platforms. We want your CRM to work with you and to fit and flex around other software you currently use.
- Customer service tools. A good CRM should include a wide range of customer service tools, from email marketing campaigns to phone call tracking sheets, which can be accessed by your entire team at any time or location.
- Team collaboration features. Your team members should be able to work together in real time on every aspect of their assigned tasks. A system that allows you to share files and communicate freely across departments or locations without getting stuck in email chains improves efficiency, accuracy, and productivity.
- Lead generation and retention capabilities. In today’s competitive marketplace, lead generation and retention are essential; they’ll help ensure that customers stay interested in what you’re offering long after they’ve visited your website. Personalised messaging based on previous interactions improves customer relationships.
We understand that businesses and situations change, and we make sure your CRM can evolve with you. By anticipating how your business might progress, we can discuss how you might require your CRM to support you sustainably both now and in the future. We hope you have found these tips & tricks for choosing the right CRM software useful.
If you have any questions or need advice, please don’t hesitate to get in touch here, and let’s start a conversation.